Wednesday, April 11, 2018

JUDAS PRIEST: Firepower (2018). My "review"...

  Who would believe that in the year 2018 and with 18 studio albums in their "suitcases", Judas Priest would release something so good and powerful?
  I have been listening to Judas Priest since my teenage years, when at the age of 15 I bought the legendary Sad Wings of Destiny, and my jaw fell to the ground. (Now, many, many years later, I value this album greatly and I am still listening to it from time to time).
 I still have a great respect for this band, but I don't follow their latest releases closely. So, when I learn about Firepower, I thought "oh well"...
But out of plain curiosity, I decided to give it a try. And I dare say that it is the best album I have heard from them in a long time!
  Firepower includes 14 songs, not all of them are really good, but most of them are. (But you won't find a bad song here). Also, despite the absence of K.K Downing, the guitar riffs are really outstanding! So, hat's off to Richie Faulkner and  Glen Tipton for the great work they did here!
  The album's general style reminds me of their older works from mid 80's to early 90's, which means that it includes the typical Judas Priest sound that we know so well.
  Do not expect something unique or new here. It's a very good typical Judas Priest album and that's all! Loud guitars, killer riffs, excellent solos, powerful and loud drumming and of course the familiar voice of Rob Halford, that sounds very good, despite his age. (Rob Halford must be around 67-68 years old now).
 I don't believe that any fan of Heavy Metal will not be satisfied with Firepower, not to mention the fans of Judas Priest.
  This is an excellent old-fashioned Heavy Metal album, with modern production and crystal clear sound! What more can you ask for? 
 Don't hesitate, go out and grab it!
 Firepower is available in CD and double vinyl edition. I have no idea if a digital version is available though.
Favourite songs: Lightning Strike, Children of the Sun, Rising from Ruins, Traitor’s Gate.
                 My Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment